Satisfactory Savegame Tool allows for numerous options regarding satisfactory savegames, e.g. searching and erasing damaged entities.
This tool is a complete C#/C++ port of former Satisfactory Savegame Repairer.
This tool is open source and available for free at Github with ready-made installers available on the release page, there's also a small wiki available which discusses basic aspects of this tool. License is GPL-v3, so you're free to modify (fork) as you like. Also feel free to do pull requests for new functionality, like special actions on a save not possible using the actions API embedded.
Credits to bitowl, S4XXX, Goz3rr and Vilsol for their work on deciphering the basic structure of satisfactory savegames. Also thanks to Panossa for doing the graphics, and to RapierTropf for helping out on those german translations.
Cheers, and always remember:
We do not waste
... so why waste a broken save if you can ficsit :D
Please note that this tool is in an early alpha state, so the tool might/will lack functionality, might not work as expected or errors may arise. So - even with me adding some auto-backup mechanics - you're advised to always backup your saves before overwriting existing ones, the author - me - can't be held responsible for you loosing your game progress.
Also note that this tool is capable of uploading error reports, but decision was made to keep them disabled by default just to reduce the number of 'possible' duplicates with first alpha releases. Feel free to enable those feature within the options.
- Loading a save might crash with message "Unknown key type 'StrProperty'" (-> issue #7). This is caused by at least mod Light it up if one is using lampgroups, but might also occur with other mods not listed here.
- Auto-picking language id can cause a crash when trying to load a save (-> issue #6). See FaQ for a workaround.
- Loading a save might cause a crash with message "Unknown inner structure type 'TrainSimulationData'" (-> issue #5).
- Incident reports will not contain required 'Data.bin' if triggered on a cloud save (-> re-opened issue #4).
- Auto-download installer crashes, sadfully, you've to download manually using release page.
- Editing within one of those specialized viewer might cause a crash (-> issue #2).
- Loading a save might cause a crash with message "Unknown inner array type 'EnumProperty'" (-> issue #3).
- Incident reports will not contain required 'Data.bin' if triggered on a cloud save (-> issue #4).